Outpatient Rehab: Will It Work for Me?
Traditional inpatient rehab treatment isn’t a viable option for everyone. Not everyone is able to take time away from work, family responsibilities, or other obligations. Being unable to commit to residential inpatient treatment shouldn’t stand in the way of addiction recovery.
That’s why many substance abuse treatment facility offer outpatient treatment options as a bridge between a healthier, happier future and your current life and responsibilities.
Outpatient treatment programs won’t work for everyone. They require self-discipline and external support systems to keep you focused on the journey ahead. While all recovery journeys require commitment and dedication, participating in an outpatient rehab program takes greater personal accountability. Good candidates for this form of recovery treatment:
- Have a reliable support system in place at home
- Have living arrangements which promote clean and sober living
- Have reliable transportation to and from treatment each day
- Are responsible for ‘homework’ assignments
- Are responsible for seeking help and support if needed